Boundary fire walls
Boundary fire walls are required when two adjacent buildings are constructed within a certain minimum distance from the building boundary or actually on the boundary and fire resistant building board is required to enable such a fire safe building and fire separation wall to be constructed.
Tested up to 120 minutes
FireCrunch K-CLAD wall is a FCA NATA labs tested to 60 minutes on single timber frames and 90 minutes on double stud timber frames. FireCrunch is fire tested on steel frames and certified to BCA standards from FRL 30/30/30 BAL FZ ( Bushfires) through to FRL 120/120/120 in high-rise residential apartment blocks, commercial buildings factories, etc. etc. It is also used extensively for boundary firewalls where extremes of fire resistant building is are required.
Fire safe Gyprock alternative building board like FireCrunch is required to suit the long term requirement in exterior weather conditions affecting boundary fire walls. Firecrunch Magnesium Oxide (MgSO4 board or MgO board) is a fire safe building board and NATA labs fire tested which will meet all boundary fire wall provisions.
Additionally, FireCrunch is an environmental building board with less than 5% pollution Co2 in manufacture (New Scientist magazine USA) and is a bushfire building and bushfire safe building product manufactured from Magnesium Oxide (MgSO4) and other IP composites which has been fire tested by the CSIRO, to make it Australia’s only really compliant, lightweight system, economically priced and tested bushfire safe building board.
Boundary fire walls specifications
- Timber FRL 60/60/60 single frame 90 x45mm MGP10.
- Steel FRL 90/90/90 single frame 92x45mm 1.00 to 1.15 BMT standard cold roll steel section.
- Up to 120 minutes on Light Gauge steel frames 1.0 to 1.15 BMT FRL 90/90/90 and load bearing to 55kN or 18.3kN per linear metre. 2 layers for 120 minutes.
- Standard off the shelf purchase products, in steel framing and timber etc.
- NATA labs tested to 60 minutes on single timber frames and 90 minutes on double stud timber frames.
- Only 1 x10mm sheet is required each side of the frame, with a mid density R 2.5 low cost glass wool batt ( $8.00 per m2) in the cavity even up to 120 minutes
- NATA labs CSIRO and Resolute Labs fire test reports both DTS and alternative Performance Systems under the National Construction Code NCC.
- With a registered Fire Engineers independent assessment of test.
Supply direct to licensed trades: QLD, NSW, ACT ,VIC ,TAS, SA, WA, NT within 24/48 hours of payment.
Boundary fire wall products
|K-Clad: Interior/exterior cladding (10mm)|
|K-Wall: Interior/exterior tongue & groove (12mm)|
|Boundary walls: Timber Framing|
|Boundary walls: Steel Framing|
At a glance
|Fire resistant to extremely high temperatures (1200ºC)|
|Meets BAL FZ and up to FRL 90/90/90|
|Non-combustible (AS 1530.1) and smoke release AS/3837|
|Fire Tested (AS 1530.4/2016)|
|30,60 90 Minute fire resistance|
|Non-asbestos, NATA Australian certification|
|Resistant to flooding and prolonged water emersion|
|Resistant to bacteria moisture, humidity, mould and mildew|
|Completely resistant to termites and insects|
|Low thermal conductivity ~0.44 (W/mk)|
|Higher R values than plasterboard|
|Less expensive, eliminates multiple layers of plasterboard for high FRL|
Aust. Standards (Certified in Australia)View certifications
|Fire||1.5 hours 1 x 10mm sheet|
|Impact||10 times stronger than plasterboard, load bearing 55kN (1.5 hrs) at 1200⁰C (see CSIRO fire test report)|
|Acoustics||Rw 62 AS/717.1 (see report certification)|
|Asbestos||Nil content test AS 4964 R and U value (see Tech info charts)|
|Handling||Cuts, saws, drills, routs, with timber tools, power gun screwing, massive time saving on installation|
|Labour cost benefits||FireCrunch Requires 1 sheet each side for FRL up to FRL 90/90/90 (p/ board needs 3 layers 13mm each side).|
|Strength||10 x Stronger than Plaster Board|
|Eco-Friendly||95% less Co2 Emission than Plaster Board|